Thursday, September 15, 2011

Its been a while...

I apologize that it has been so long since I last blogged. I think about it often, being able to get my thoughts, worries, and concerns on paper, but at the end of the day, I'm exhausted and not sure I have the energy to move.

Instead of updating you on the entirety of my life up until this point, I would like to hit some major points to catch you up.

First of all, I love my job. I have never been so happy to come to work everyday. My colleagues are supportive, and kind hearted. This is not that the people I spent my time with at my last school weren't these things but as an entire group the teachers here are happy to come to work, and are not just collecting a pay check... and here is why.

Working at an Independent school, is a LOT of work. Loads. More than I could ever have imagined. A few things are contributing to this; including an accreditation process that will be underway in three weeks, Back to School Night, happening this evening, and for myself planning a trip internationally to a place I have never been.

What makes it worth it?

I have never had such a kind sweet loving group of kids. Of course I've taught those students before. Many of my favorite students were these kids, they cared about each other, they were thoughtful and inclusive, they were good people at their heart and soul. But every single student who steps through my door, is THAT kind of student. They are caring and passionate about everything they do. They are respectful to each other, their teachers, and the schools property cleaning up after themselves and taking care to make sure that what they have lasts.

Before I have to sign off I would like to say that teaching Freshmen is a whole other animal that I have not experienced. They are wild and crazy and full of wonderful energy. They make me laugh on a truly consistent basis, and have absolutely no filter what so ever. This is a truly impressive group of students and I'm not sure if I would be as happy if it weren't for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment