Sunday, March 11, 2012

Its March

I can't believe so many months have gone by and I have neglected both of my blogs in the meantime. What has happened thus far?

Well being a new teacher means exactly that, being a new teacher. I am unsure why being a new teacher is so hard, but it is in fact one of the more awful things I have experienced. FYI, teachers who have been at the same school all their lives, STAY! Being a new teacher was no fun the first time, and the second time you see the injustice in it all. I am frustrated that things have stayed as busy as they have. The only benefit, something I have actually stated to my boss, is well thank god I'll at least know what to expect next year. I am hoping, no I am praying, that next year go more smoothly than this year.

Student Council has been a pain, but I'm actually looking forward to staying on one more year so that we can have a better year next year than we have had this year. In fact, I am even contemplating taking it on all by myself. This year myself and another woman have worked to keep it going, but in truth she has been miserable doing it from day one it seems. I however am not that miserable and I wonder how bad running things on my own REALLY would be.

Pro: I get the stipend for myself.
Con: I don't have anyone to talk to at the event.
Pro: With only one person on SC then other teachers would have to show up, its actually a duty that we have assigned to us at the beginning of the year.
Con: If someone bails on me, I would have to cover for them and I'm not good at "telling" on people when they don't do their damn jobs.

Anyway, if you have opinions, please let me know.

I already had my end of the year evaluation with my boss, in fact, it was weeks ago that I had it. I was fascinated that he just sat and listened to me, but I wonder how much he actually cared. Everyone comes across as caring at my school, and for the most part they seem to be genuine people, but then, I can't get a good read on him. His British upbringing gives him a dry sense of humor and an even drier sense of emotion. I truly struggle to see his true self, which is probably why he is the head of an entire school.

I don't have a great note to end this on. I know I will have a job, so that is a plus for the year, but in general I would just like to say that I have missed you all, I've missed my blog, and I hope that this means a turn for myself.

1 comment: